Blogs & Blogging Platforms in Business
Is WordPress Right For Your Business?
This event has been cancelled due to a family emergency. I apologize for the inconvenience and full refunds will be given. I plan to re-schedule this event for after the first of the year.
A 3-hour seminar to arm you with the basics about:
- • Blogs on commercial websites
- • Running a traditional website on the WordPress platform, even if you don’t have a blog
- • Utilizing WordPress to easily make updates and changes to your site without having to call your web designer every time you have a change
- • The huge Search Engine Optimization capabilities a site using WordPress can have
This 3-hour seminar will contain:
- • An overview and an explanation of the basics of WordPress and how web sites are usually run
- • An informational PowerPoint presentation, explaining how and why WordPress works on sites which are running a blog and sites which are not and the extensive and powerful options available for Search Engine Optimization efforts
- • A live demostration of how to update a WordPress blog or site from within the easy-to-use web-based dashboard (or “administrative panel”)
There will be a 15-minute break with coffee and a chance to meet and network with other attendees.
Each attendee will leave with an informational packet with reference materials and basic information on how to get started with a self-hosted WordPress blog or site.